10 days • Munich to Budapest • 2020 only
Join Viking for a soul-stirring journey that comes along just once a decade. Marvel at the drama of the trial, suffering and death of Christ in The Passion Play, staged in the hamlet of Oberammergau. Embark a remarkable cruise along the fabled Danube, gazing upon the ecclesiastic artwork and heavenly hilltop setting of Göttweig Abbey, Austria’s revered monastic center. Step inside the hushed interiors of Vienna’s St. Stephen’s Cathedral. With medieval towns, grand cities and hallowed sites, this 10-day cruisetour is sure to inspire.
- 8-day cruise with river-view stateroom
- 1 night at the Westin Grand Hotel Munich and 1 night at Hotel Schillingshof (or similar)*
- Entry to the Oberammergau Passion Play
- One complimentary shore excursion in every port of call
- All onboard meals including regional specialties, plus 2 hotel breakfasts and lunch and dinner on the Passion Play day
- Beer, wine & soft drinks with onboard lunch & dinner
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum: The once-in-a-decade Oberammergau Passion Play, Destination Performances & concerts; attend lectures on Viennese coffeehouses & Mozart; learn how to make apple strudel
*Some departures at Alpenhof Murnau Hotel (or similar) at a higher rate
EXPLORE MORE. More days means more to discover. We offer exciting ways to see even more of the region with extension packages you can add before or after your Viking journey.
MUNICH | 1 or 2 Nights
Ask about current pricing
Discover southern Germany’s celebrated center of culture. All things Bavarian converge in its grand and sprawling 12th-century main town square, the Marienplatz. Here, its splendid Gothic Revival town hall, the Neues Rathaus, lures locals and visitors alike each morning at 11:00 as the 32 life-size carved figures of the Glockenspiel spring to life. Choose between extension packages that include one or two nights at the Westin Grand Hotel Munich (or similar), daily breakfasts and hotel/ship transfers, along with the services of a Viking host.
BUDAPEST | 2 Nights
Ask about current pricing
Explore this legendary Hungarian capital, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its elegant boulevards, Parisian atmosphere and outstanding museums. Take a stroll in the parks of Margaret Island, discover the hidden medieval courtyards of the Castle District and eat your fill of savory Hungarian cuisine. Extension package includes two nights at the Budapest Marriott Hotel (or similar), daily breakfasts and hotel/ship transfers along with the services of a Viking host.