This amazing trip was a reward for the top producers of Cadence. The adventure started with 3 days in Ireland: 2 nights at Ashford Castle and 1 night at The K-Club. Ireland was followed by 3 days in London: 2 nights at the Dorchester and 1 night at Coworth Park.
- Mar 5 - Mar 6: American Airlines flight to London Heathrow Airport
- Mar 6: British Airways flight to Dublin Airport, check-in at Ashford Castle
- Mar 7: Various activities at the property, including a walk with Irish Wolfhounds, tour of the estate, hawk walk, tour of The Lodge at Ashford and lunch at Quay Bar. Dinner at George V Dining Room
- Mar 8: Scenic boat cruise on Lough Corrib, Jameson Whiskey "Shaker & Maker" experience, followed by champagne & canapes at The K Club's Straffan House, check-in at The K Club, and dinner at Byerley Turk
- Mar 9: Flight from Dublin Airport to London Heathrow, check-in at The Dorchester, drinks, canapes, and dinner at 45 Park Lane, dinner
- Mar 10: Time to explore London, followed by afternoon tea & chocolate masterclass at The Chef's Table & Dorchester Kitchen, drinks and dinner at China Tang at The Dorchester, then a night at Adelphi Theater to see Kinky Boots
- Mar 11: Belmond Train to Windsor Castle for a tour, then check-in at Coworth Park, drinks and dinner at the Drawing Room at Coworth Park
- Mar 12: Flight home!
At Ashford, we took a morning walk with the castle’s 2 Irish wolfhounds, learned about the castle’s colorful history, attended falconry school and shopped for hand knitted sweaters, tea, and our favorite, Newbridge Silver jewelry. Before arriving at K-Club we stopped at Jameson ‘s whiskey distillery for a fun and lively mixology class. On our last morning, before heading to the airport for the flight to London, we had time for a special introductory course in archery which is actually harder than it looks!
London was all about experiencing the amazing service and luxury of The Dorchester Collection. We enjoyed a chocolate masterclass with a French chef and afternoon tea at the Dorchester, plus a site tour and a very special dinner at 45 Park Lane. A stay in London is not complete without a night at the theater! We saw Kinky Boots, a musical which has been playing there for years but is still as fabulous as ever. Sunday happened to be Mother’s Day in the UK and we had scheduled a special brunch excursion on the Belmond British Pullman. This is a historic train journey and all the rail cars have been meticulously restored to their original splendor and were the perfect backdrop for all the families dressed in their Sunday finery. That afternoon we moved on to a visit to Windsor Castle, the weekend home for the Queen and the venue for the next Royal Wedding. We then checked in to our final hotel, Coworth Park, a country estate located adjacent to the grounds of Windsor Castle. Here, the Queen is a frequent guest and occasionally enjoys their special afternoon tea.
The American Airlines Business Class lounge at LAX had recently been remodeled and was spacious and bright with good seating and sufficient access to plug in and work. Onboard service was attentive but food quality was not consistent. All business class seats had aisle access and turned into a flat bed - essential for a long trip!
Ashford Castle: It takes approx. 3 hours to reach Ashford Castle from Dublin airport. The Tolman family did an amazing job restoring this property, as the rooms and suites retain the old world charm and history while providing all modern amenities such as heated bathroom floors and towel racks. All rooms are different in size and decor, some with expansive views of the Lake and grounds.
The K-Club: The K-Club is a great estate, rooms are very spacious and modern, and it is located only minutes from Dublin airport.
The Dorchester: The Dorchester is an iconic hotel with the most amazing service located adjacent to Hyde Park. The entire hotel staff makes you feel welcome and treats every guest like a VIP!
Coworth Park: Coworth Park is a gorgeous and expansive country estate. Some of Their rooms have the most amazing free standing bath tubs and is located within 1/2 hours drive to Heathrow airport.
- As the weather in Ireland and in the UK can be very unpredictable, rain gear and layers are essential.
- I always recommend at least a one night stay at one of the Castles to participate in and learn about falconry and archery to immerse yourself in the Irish Culture.
- Because here you drive on the left and for self-drives, I also recommend renting an automatic car.
- Credit cards are widely accepted, but travelers should make sure that their card does not charge a foreign transaction fee.
- London Heathrow airport can be very congested at peak times and you always should allow plenty of time passing through
The highlight of this trip was the immersion in to the Irish culture by experiencing the special and unique activities like falconry and archery and feeling like a royal staying in castles and close to palaces.
Want to plan your own adventure to Ireland and London? Get in touch!